Toughened Safety Glass
TufGlas™ toughened glass is four to five times stronger than normal annealed glass of comparative thickness.
Consider TufGlas™ when additional strength, thermal resistance or safety are important considerations or Grade A safety glass is required. TufGlas™ is manufactured by heating annealed glass on oscillating ceramic rollers to over 600°C and then cooling it rapidly through a series of high pressure air nozzles in an area of the toughened glass manufacturing line known as the quench. TufGlas™ is suitable for most commercial and residential applications, especially low level glazing, where a Grade A safety glass is required.
- Four to five times stronger than normal annealed glass of the same thickness
- Grade A safety glass manufactured to AS/NZS2208 and AS/NZS 2080
- Available in thicknesses between 4mm and 19mm in EnviroClear™, EnviroTone™, Obscura™, EnviroTone™ +, KristalClear™, KlymetShield™, ThermoColour™, ColorSmart™, Panoramic™
- Can be used within a temperature range of between -70°C and 300°C, with a maximum temperature differential of 250°C
- Available in a variety of edge finishes
- Frameless entries
- Glass doors and windows
- Hospitals and schools
- Office buildings and factories
- Public venues and sporting facilities
- Residential glazing
- Shower screens and splashbacks